ALMA DEL TORO
Alma Del Toro is the founder and president of Blue Bull Energy LLC. She created Blue Bull to incubate her vision of an energy company that develops business as much as communities.
Alma has 19 years of experience with BP, one of the largest oil and gas companies in the world, where she held several leadership positions and acquired deep operational and commercial knowledge. This experience includes:
- Leading transactions in 10 Latin American countries across Chemicals, Downstream, Upstream
- As Western Hemisphere Senior Business Development Advisor, Alma structured JV agreements, farm-out/farm-in agreements, AMIs, JBAs, and JOAs to secure new access and create material opportunities onshore and offshore.
- As the Wells Gulf of Mexico Head of Finance, helping implement post-incident standards and grow the business from zero to eleven DW rigs, secured, planned and managed multi billion USD investment and budgets year on year
- Led the development and implemented the Gulf of Mexico Wells Protocol for a cross-functional Estimate Duration/Cost, critical for keeping the Integrity of a dynamic DW Rig Schedule
- As the Exploration and Production Technology Global Head of Finance, helped restructure the R&D strategy that incremented parent recovery
- As the Commercial Asset Lead for North America Gas Onshore, helped manage production Capex, Opex, Operations and HSE, making monthly field visits and working side by side with cross-functional teams
- Led several teams as the Downstream Audit Relationship Manager for Latin America and Chemical Export Control Specialist
Throughout her career, Alma has built an incredible network. She counts some of the most experienced, respected executives in the energy industry among her mentors and advisors.
Alma earned a law degree from the Universidad de Colima in Mexico and a master degree in ethics and international business from DePaul University in Chicago.
Anju Divakaran is a partner and Vice President of Blue Bull Energy Consulting LLC.
Anju has seventeen years of experience in strategy consulting, business process transformation and systems implementation. This experience includes:
- Leading Analytics and Commercial Product Management teams at a large land drilling company
- Managed a top tier instrumentation product with 12M revenues
- Managed the inception and development of a directional drilling automation product that reduces the number of resources at rigsite and allows directional drilling activities to be driven from remote operations center with fewer resources.
- Set up Analytics Center of Excellence
- Created automated tools for drilling performance tracking allowing the company to reduce drilling, connection and tripping times.
- Saved 35M dollars in inventory via reports and dashboards that allowed real time tracking of data
- Assisted in SG&A reduction activities of 65M across the company during downturn
- Employee workflow simplification activities across multiple functions
- Led digitization efforts across all functions
- Consulting experience (Accenture & TCS) across Oil Field Services, High Tech, Pharmaceuticals, Chemicals and Financial sectors with emphasis on
- Data analysis and insight generation
- Business process transformation
- Org Transformation
- Spend analysis and cost reduction
- Asset Management
- Business Performance Management
- Analytics & Digital Strategy
- Large Scale Systems Implementation
Anju has a bachelors degree in Electronics and Communication Engineering from Kurukshetra University in India and a Masters in Computer Science Engineering from Oakland University in Michigan.
Anju lives in Houston with her husband, and daughter. She loves to travel and read.